The Millichamp and Hall workshop has had its doors open here in Taunton for over 30 years! Our expert craftsmen are extremely proud to offer a wide range of repair and refurbishment services that will have your bat restored to its former glory in no time! Our specialist services are available for any make and model of cricket bat.
Booking your bat in for one of our services couldn’t be easier! Simply complete the online form and pay via the link below. You can also bring your bat into us at our Taunton workshop. We aim to return your bat to you within 7 working days of receipt. We recommend sending your bat using a recorded delivery service. To protect your bat during transit please wrap the bat well (E.G. using bubble wrap or an old towel).
Please clearly write your name and order number on the outside of the packing. Please also include any appropriate paperwork that contains your name and order number along with your bat. This helps us identify the bat when it arrives.
** Any bat that has not been booked in via our website or arrives with no identifiable paperwork will not be processed **
** Before sending your bat to us please view this short video below to check if it will be repairable! **
Please then send your bat to us at:
Millichamp and Hall
7 Priory Avenue
REPAIR AND REFURB COSTS:
On receipt of your bat, we will carry out an assessment and if the work is not as straightforward as first thought, we will contact you to decide how to proceed. Our costs are highlighted below:
REPAIR ONLY - £25:
- Our highly trained repair team will identify what action to take on the damage and carry out the repair work for you. * Please note this does not include refurbishment in any way and that we may need to remove facings and/or stickers to complete the work. There will be an additional charge to if you wish for them to be replaced. If excessive work is required on your bat, we will contact you to discuss this and arrange further payment if necessary.
BAT REFURB & REPAIR - £50:
- (Facing included) Our comprehensive bat service will entail us stripping the bat and repairing any damage. We will then sand and buff the blade to finish it off, before re-labelling it (M&H bats only). Re-labelling is undertaken at the discretion of the M&H team and we will aim to replace like for like where possible. Finally, the bat will be given a new grip.
PROSTATE CANCER UK BAT REFURB - £65*:
- Everything that our comprehensive bat service entails, including us finishing off your refurbished blade with our Limited Edition Prostate Cancer UK labels. *£10 + VAT of the retail price of every label set sold is given by Millichamp & Hall to Prostate Cancer UK (Registered charity no. 1005541).
RE-HANDLE - £75:
- A broken handle doesn't mean the end of your beloved wand. We will expertly remove the damaged handle before completing the replacement work. *This service will often require the removal of labels and does not include any refurbishment work to the blade.
RE-BALANCE - £50:
- Re-balancing your cricket bat means reducing the weight of the blade. The level of weight reduction possible will vary, depending on the bat size/shape and can result in a bat shape/profile change. *Please note the maximum we can remove is two ounces. We may need to remove facings and/or stickers to complete the work. There will be an additional charge to if you wish for them to be replaced.* (Unless it is an M&H bat).
BAT MODIFICATION - £50:
- ICC regulations place specific limitations on the size of cricket bats. Our bat modification service enables us to change the profile of your bat to meet these specifications. Please note that your bat profile and weight will change when undertaking this service and stickers or facings may need to be removed.
READY TO PLAY SERVICE - £40:
- Our skilled repair team will take the inconvenience out of preparing your new cricket bat for you. We will oil and knock in the blade by hand plus add a facing, so it is ready for you to use.
HANDLE ADJUSTMENT - £35:
- We will re-shape your bat handle to the shape you desire and then restring it and re-apply the previous grip, unless otherwise specified.
TOE GUARD - £15:
- We will supply and fit a rubberised toe guard, helping protect the toe of your bat and reducing damage caused by various playing surfaces.
RE-HANDLE & REFURB - £95:
- This service includes all of the aforementioned details included in both the Re-handle and Refurb services.
RE-BALANCE & REFURB - £70:
- This service includes all of the aforementioned details included in both the Re-balance and Refurb services.
BAT MODIFICATION & REFURB - £70:
- This service includes all of the aforementioned details included in both the Bat Modification and Refurb services.
WARRANTY CLAIM - £8.99 (return postage cost):
- Please read our Bat Warranty before making a claim.
- Once received, the bat will be fully assessed by our workshop team. In cases where the damage sustained to the bat is viewed as general wear and tear or as a result of misuse, the customer will be liable to pay the full repair charges.
This is a repair only service, it does not include a full refurbishment of the bat. Any Material needed to complete the repair (E.G. bat facing, toe guard or labels) will be chargeable to the customer.