Millichamp and Hall is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of users. As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what does not, which helps make our communications more effective. The more information we have, the more efficiently we are able to operate. We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
We may amend or update this policy at any time to take account of any changes to data protection law or other legislation. When further updates to the policy are made they will be posted on this page, but rest assured we won’t ever make any other changes to the way we use your data without asking you first. You can also download our full policy here →
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information every time you interact with us. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. We collect two kinds of information from visitors to our website:
· Non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular, and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
· Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, credit card details, and e-mail address. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as requesting sponsorship, signing up to our newsletter, or purchasing goods via our store. The information is needed to fulfil your request. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse
requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
This helps us to:
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Process your orders.
- Provide aftersales service.
- Communicate our marketing to you by either telephone, post, email or social media.
- In certain circumstances, manage contracts or cater for sponsored players.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Record any contact we have with you.
- Fulfil requests for our products and services.
- Provide you with updates from Millichamp and Hall that we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
As well as using personal information to fulfil requests, we also like to keep our friends and customers informed about our products, promotions and competitions, or about updates to our site. We will only contact you when you choose to opt into our correspondence or sign up to our friendly M&H newsletter. If you do agree to receive this information (whether by entering a competition or otherwise), and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing: email@example.com. When contacting you by email, you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing. In other cases we will not disclose any of your personal data except in accordance with this policy, or when we have your permission, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect the rights, property and safety of Millichamp and Hall, or others. This includes disclosing your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
Our sites contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our website, and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit. In addition, if you were linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site, and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Our website runs on an ecommerce technology platform called Shopify. One of the main reasons we selected Shopify is because it is one of the largest and most trusted platforms of its kind, with hundreds of thousands of stores running on it. Shopify and its trusted partners may have visibility of your data we hold on their systems. Shopify maintains some of the highest data protection practices in the industry and is GDPR and PCI DSS tier 1 compliant - some of the highest standards of data and credit card protection available. We never see or store your credit card information - payments are handled directly on Shopify and our payment partner’s (such as PayPal) systems.
Technology and Data Protection Policies:
The following technologies may collect or process your data as part of our business activities. Your personal data will only be used for marketing purposes with your permission:
Shopify - ecommerce platform:
We realise that many children visit our website. Children should always ask for parental or a legal guardians permission before sending any personal information. We advise those under the age of 18, not to submit a personal address or telephone number.
The laws that dictate how your personal information can be used are:
· The Data Protection Act 1998
· The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
· The EU General Data Protection Regulation
Updated: January 2021